Art House features over 100 artists from the region at any given moment through its Main Gallery, a Special Exhibition room, as well as a Gift Shop!
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, the indoor spaces of the Art House remain closed to the public except for washroom use and scheduled Gallery or Gift Shop viewings. To book a viewing, please review our guidelines and select a timeslot through this link.
See the subsections below to learn more about upcoming Special Exhibitions or submitting your own work to be featured at Art House.
NEW! Our entire Gallery can now be viewed online through the Art House Facebook page. View the most recent collection and find details for purchase through this post .
NEW! Click here for a virtual tour of Art House, courtesy of Point 3D Commercial Imaging and our friends at UpSpace!
*This tour was taken in October of 2018 and some of the works captured are no longer available. Let us know if you’ve got a favourite (send a screenshot with note to email@example.com) and we’ll let you know if we’ve still got it!
Are you looking to show your work, or that of a group, in a gallery setting? We accept applications for Special Exhibitions in our Drawing Room, where you can display and sell your work in a dedicated space for a period of one month. Bookings include a vernissage held on the second Thursday of the Exhibition. For more information or to apply for your own Exhibition, contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Once an application is approved, a Booking Fee of $100 +tax will be applied
Upcoming Special Exhibitions
Past Special Exhibitions
- 2019 January - Emily Adams 'Art is Hard but so is Everything'
- 2019 February - Faces of Art House Group Exhibition
- 2019 March - Clara Kim
- 2019 April - Anne Theriault
- 2019 May - Fulfilment by Maria Di Rosa
- 2019 June - Bill Staubi
- 2019 July - Shawna Holmlund
- 2019 August - Shirley MacKenzie
- 2019 September - Krysta Brennan
- 2019 October - INcarcinoma
- 2019 November - Christiane Aitken
- 2019 December - Ottawa Icons presented by Adrian Gor
- 2020 January - Perspectives by Heather Black
- 2020 February - The Heart and Other Body Parts by Shawn Philip Hunsdale
- 2020 March - Ottawa Winter and Other Oils by Soren Jensen
The Art House Café accepts new art for large group exhibitions on an ongoing basis, taking into consideration the space available, accordance with other pieces, and colours or themes, when applicable. Artwork on display gets replaced as it sells by artwork from the pool of submissions.
Photos of all available artwork or links to portfolio or social media pages can be sent to email@example.com at any time. Artists will be contacted regarding the availability of pieces of interest when opportunities to be featured arise.
We are interested in all mediums, styles, and sizes! Artists can send photos of all available artwork or links to portfolio or social media pages to firstname.lastname@example.org at any time.
Artists will be contacted regarding the availability of pieces of interest when opportunities to be featured arise. There is currently a waiting list on the order of several weeks. Unfortunately, because of the number of submissions we receive, we typically only get in touch with artists whose work we'd like to take in. We do encourage artists to continue submitting new works if none were selected and we also like to encourage people to send in as much as they have available; it’s much easier to include artists when there are several pieces to choose from. We have to fit/match artwork alongside so many others!
Displaying and Selling Work with Us
- Only pieces that were discussed and accepted are to be dropped off. Artists may not bring in additional pieces or make substitutions without prior discussion and agreement with the Art Director, and artwork cannot be dropped off for consideration without consent.
- Accepted pieces or items are to be dropped off at The Art House Café anytime during regular business hours and signed in at the cafe counter. Packaging in which pieces are delivered will not be returned to the artist.
- Any piece or item intended for display on a wall MUST be dropped off at the Art House Café in a ready-to-hang state (proper attachments or mounting at the back such as eyelets and wire must be included). Failure to bring the piece in a ready-to-hang state may result in the dismissal of the accepted piece, or the artist may have the option to pay a hanging fee.
- The Art House Café has the right to refuse any accepted piece(s) or item(s) upon delivery for reasons including, but not limited to, damage suffered by the item.
- Accepted pieces and items will remain at The Art House Café until a sale occurs, the owner requests a return at least 48 hours in advance in writing, or the Art House Café chooses to make a change to the artwork on display.
- Artwork requiring pickup must be signed out and picked up from The Art House Café by the artist (or their established representatives) during regular business hours and no more than 14 days after being contacted by The Art House Café. The Art House Café reserves the right to sell any piece that was not picked up in this timeframe and will give the artist 50% of the proceeds received. Exceptions must be established in writing in advance.
Any exceptions to the above guidelines must be established in advance via written agreement.
Please contact email@example.com for further inquiries.