Are you looking to show your work, or that of a group, in a gallery setting? We accept bookings for Special Exhibitions in our Drawing Room, where you can display and sell your work in a dedicated space for a period of one month. Bookings include a vernissage held on the second Thursday of the Exhibition. For more information or to book your own Exhibition, contact email@example.com.
Upcoming Special Exhibitions
ANNOUNCEMENT: In celebration of our 2 year anniversary, The Art House Café will be hosting a one-of-a-kind group show in our Drawing Room for the month of February: Faces of Art House. This exhibition will feature a collection of portraits of everyone who makes up our community... in other words, all of you! All submissions will be accepted, and all mediums, sizes, and styles are welcome. Click here for full guidelines and conditions, and for more information on how to submit!
- January - Art is hard, but so is Everything by Emily Adams
- February - Faces of Art House. Submissions open now!
- March - Clara Kim
- April - Anne Theriault
- May - Fulfilment by Maria Di Rosa
- June - Bill Staubi
- July - Shawna Holmlund
- August - Shirley MacKenzie
- September - Krysta Brennan
- October - INcarcinoma
- November - Christiane Aitken
The Art House Cafe is home to an ongoing submission-based group exhibition featuring local artists from the region. Submissions are always open and new work will be considered on an ongoing basis; artwork displayed in our gallery gets replaced as it sells, with new pieces pulled from the pool of submissions. Artists will be contacted regarding the availability of pieces of interest when gallery space becomes available. We are open to all styles, mediums, sizes, and content!
Artists are asked to fill out the Submission Form, available for download below, and send it with accompanying photographs to firstname.lastname@example.org. Submission Forms MUST be signed (digitally or manually). The Forms can be scanned or sent as photographs (from one's phone, for example), or dropped off in person at The Art House Cafe. Guidelines for submission and delivery of artwork are as follows:
- Any piece or item accepted for display MUST be dropped off at The Art House Cafe ready-to-hang (proper attachments or mounting at the back i.e. eyelets and wire). Failure to to bring the piece in a ready-to-hang state may result in the dismissal of the accepted piece, or the artist may have the option to pay a $5 hanging fee.
- Only pieces discussed with and accepted by the Art Director are to be dropped off. Artists may not bring in additional pieces or make substitutions without prior discussion and agreement with the Art Director, and artwork cannot be dropped off for consideration without consent.
- The Art House Cafe has the right to refuse any accepted piece(s) or item(s) upon delivery for reasons including, but not limited to: damage suffered by the item, poor presentation, artwork is not ready-to-hang, etc.
- Due to the high number of submissions and sale-dependant turnovers, we unfortunately can only contact applicants whose submissions have been accepted as space becomes available. Submissions can also be considered and accepted for sale in the Gift Shop at any time.
- Pieces and items can be dropped off at The Art House Cafe anytime during regular business hours and must be signed in at the front cash.
- Accepted pieces and items will remain at The Art House Cafe until one of the following occurs:
- The piece or item is sold
- The artist/owner submits a written request for return, giving at least 48 hours notice
- The Art House Cafe chooses to rotate the piece or item out of display
- Pieces and items requiring pickup must be collected from The Art House Cafe by the artist or their established representatives within 14 days of being contacted by The Art House Cafe. The Art House Cafe reserves the right to auction any piece that was not picked up in this timeframe, and will give the artist 50% of the proceeds received.
Any exceptions to the above guidelines must be established in advance via written agreement.
We are now taking submissions on an ongoing basis!
We're open to all styles, mediums, sizes, and content. No specific theme applies to submissions moving forward. We strongly encourage the submission of all possible works and/or links to portfolios and profile pages,
Please send the completed Submission Form with associated picture attachments to email@example.com
DROP-OFF WINDOW As discussed following acceptance